Sunday, February 13, 2011

Phase 2: finishing the stove and building the tub


Here is the stove painted in a semi-gloss black engine block spray paint. If the dust was wiped off you would see that the paint is thin on the larger panels, it really needed a a good priming, but o well...

+++++++++++++++++++  Phase 2: the tub  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

materials/tools: 
      -                      Two sheets of 7/16 plywood
- five 2X4s 
     - outdoor wood glue
      -1", 2"and 3" wood screws
    - (power saw, cordless drill)


                                                         Day one of the build

the tub's dimensions roughly 48"long X 36"wide X 32" deep, its approximate 
capacity is 230 gallons empty

The tub is just a little too deep to sit in with out some kind of stool/seat, at least from my initial test (which was performed by me sitting at the bottom of my wood box in my backyard like a weirdo, lol)  if I built another one of these I would have made the base height 27-30 inches or gone up to 38, right now I feel it could have the worst of both options. 


day two of the build: structurally the tub is almost complete, all it needs is two floor beams to make the floor rigid. 

Next steps: 
- Finish limited wood work
-Water proof cocking along seems
- Oil based primer, matt black paint

No comments:

Post a Comment